Friday, December 18, 2009

I Love Her, but...

In which I rant, whine, and generally complain and no one feels sorry for me.

I love my daughter. I love her to pieces. Can't imagine my life without her, but as every parent knows, there are some things about parenthood I could do without (unless you're one of those crazy, over-involved parents who actually likes changing diapers, wiping snot, and cleaning cheerios out of every crevice in your house, in which case, I have one word for you: Nut Job). Herein, in the rant for which none of you will feel sympathy, I list some of the things I will not miss about early toddlerhood:

1. I will be sooooo glad when the first finger on my right hand no longer smells permanently of Desitin. Seriously...

2. I will be forever grateful when my bathroom no longer looks like this on a regular basis:

3. I'll be super-excited when I can walk into my kid's bedroom and not be met by a wall of diaper-smell. It doesn't seem to matter how often we clean/empty the trashcan. The smell abides.

4. I will not miss the daily force-brushing of teeth that only results in tears, screaming, and biting:


5. I will gladly bid a not-so-fond farewell to the nightly pajama wrangling that usually ends in more screaming, along with some thrashing, kicking, and overall unhappiness.

As I said above, I know no one is going to feel sorry for me, but sometimes, you just need to unload.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JJ loves having his teeth brushed, but so much so that when we stop, he gets mad and wants the toothbrush back. Otherwise, I sympathize with you...especially on the food being everywhere now. Bleh.