Wednesday, March 24, 2010

(cough, cough) Rant (cough)

Gentle readers, I present to you my Top 5 least favorite things about spring cold season:

5. The cold will inevitably start with the youngest member of your family. Caring for said youngster will wear you down until you to submit to the fury that is the spring cold.

4. The kid will fare better and recover far sooner than you will.

3. Coughing keeps everyone awake. Coughing will cause your child to wake up in the middle of the night. It is almost impossible to fall asleep next to someone who is coughing. It is also completely impossible to fall asleep while coughing, as Jon and I both discovered at 11 p.m. last night.

2. At some point, someone will leave a tissue in their pocket, and the tissue will go through the washer and dryer causing you to spend an extra 15 minutes picking tiny bits of 2-ply out a load of clean laundry.

1. Snot. Tonight, instead of a good-night kiss, my darling, dearest girl gave me a hug and then grabbed a fistful of my t-shirt and wiped her nose on it.

Ah, spring cold season, I would curse you unto heaven, if it wouldn't result in a massive coughing fit...

1 comment:

Julie said...

We are just finally getting over our colds over here...hopefully we weren't the ones who passed it to you. Luckily, JJ didn't really get it. Just a slight cough (knock on wood).