Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Daddy Update


With this post I am going to update everyone on me (Jon). I am currently in a state of frustration with Best Buy. After waiting years for the opportunity to purchase a flat screen TV I finally found the deal I couldn't refuse. I arrived at Best Buy on 1/11 to purchase the boob tube knowing I was not going home with it, as it was sold out at this store as well as all nearby stores. So I elected to have it shipped from a store around 30 miles away. The manager of the home entertainment section told me it would arrive 3 days later, at the store I was purchasing it from, so I could pick it up. Wednesday I called but NO TV, Thursday they said, Thursday I called, NO TV, "it'll arrive on Monday." Well as Monday rolled around NO TV, apparently the TV gets picked up by a shuttle that goes back and forth from Kansas City to St. Louis. So my TV has traveled to St. Louis and back, and should arrive tomorrow! I am not holding my breath. When it is all said and done the ole television will have traveled over 500 miles to make 30. Quite the trip.

The Optometry world is still treating me well! I enjoy helping people out in as many ways as I can. I still split time between Gardner and Overland Park with Gardner keeping very busy. It is also a joy to know in this down economy people still need to see. We are noting a small decrease in new spectacle sales but people are still filing in for examinations and red eyes. God Bless the baby boomers and their old eyes ;)


I was lucky enough at the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009 to play the tuba for 2 KU games at Allen Fieldhouse. I have a analogy for myself that I am like a fine wine I just get better with age, it seems to hold true for my tuba playing skills as well! Well actually it winded pretty good and I was sore for a week but I had a blast and look forward to playing in the future.

I continue to find projects around the house, although not as extensive as when we first moved in. I am in the process of motivating myself to fabricate a cat door. We truly enjoy being homeowners and I have no clue why we didn't do this sooner!

No comments: