Monday, January 12, 2009

I saw Maddie eating Santa Claus



As I mentioned in "What We Should Have Said", our friend Shawn owns his own Santa costume. We won't go into the details, mostly because I can't remember them, but trust me, it's not as creepy as it sounds.

Because he's a great guy (and have I mentioned he owns his own Santa costume?), he agreed to come to Lawrence and pose for pictures with Maddie and a little boy named Oliver. We couldn't get her to smile for any of the shots (I think she was too interested in Santa to pay any attention to the four adults shouting at her), but at least she didn't cry. (She wants to me say that she would never do anything that stereotypical and blasé. Unlike other babies, who cry for perfectly rational reasons, she cries for no good reason. She is an individual, and she will cry right now, just to remind you of that fact!)

Oh, and the title of the post, she did try to eat his beard. Why? Because she's four months old and everything is edible. Everything, including the cat... Unfortunately, we're slackers, and we didn't get any pictures of her eating the beard, but I can tell you it didn't appear to taste particularly fantastic.

No comments: