Tuesday, March 3, 2009

An Ode to Sushi

Oh sushi, how I miss thee!
Mine longing knows no bounds.
I wish to dip into the soy your ricey, fishey rounds.

I long to taste the seaweed
And the green wasabi hot,
But alas, whilst still I breastfeed, the pleasure have I not.

Yes, while I nurse and nurture
The child of mine own womb,
With grinders and with goat cheese, you must make your tomb.

Yet, fear not, yellow-fina tuna roll!
Take heart, sashimi mounds!
For once the weaning doth commence, our love once more abounds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're totally going out for sushi, coffee and a binge drinking craze once the babies are no longer mommy-dependent for healthful growing. I miss the sushi A LOT! Yummy...getting hungry just thinking about the spicy yellowtail..mmmm.

Alaina said...

Absolutely! Once we're not longer employed at the dairy, I say we leave the kids with their daddies and have a Mommies Day Off.

Unknown said...

I had sushi just last week.
Oh the flavor, so unique.
Spicy yellowtail was my treat. Gastric juices it doth meet.

guardian angel said...

You write well, oh daughter mine. Keep all these bits of writing in a documents folder somewhere. They may come in extremely useful years hence.